CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 11, 2007

Walk it off...

Sometimes we just need to get away. This weekend was one of those times. While Mark was camping with our boys, I was home with our six girls so we could have a girl party--Cookie Lee Jewelry. Two of the girls were quite frustrating and one especially irritated me beyond reason. From Friday night to Sunday I just wanted to throw her out the window. I had to leave the house a few time to walk around the neighborhood so I could think instead of simply FEEL angry. Some children process things differently than others, or more directly important to me, they process differently than I understand and know how to work with. Therefore, I want to scream, shake, stomp my feet, and just have my OWN temper tantrum but I can't because I'M the "grown-up"! It's so not fair!!! I guess this is why parents say things like: just wait, or I hope you have children just like you.

What do you do when the person you're trying to help just clams up, turn inward, and stonewalls you? Ugh!

Why is it easy to have answers when it's someone ELSE'S children and/or other people's problems?

You know the dialogue that goes on inside the head when you're having an debate; that inner voice that says: GROW UP; or ACT YOUR AGE; or WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE THIS; or YOU'RE IN CONTROL HERE, GET IN CONTROL; you know, things like that. Well, that voice wouldn't shut up. However; that OTHER voice--the victim voice--wouldn't stop either.

Sometimes being the Mom isn't fun. That's just the truth about it. I love being a Mom, don't get me wrong, yet there are times when I miss just being Young Regina.

On the flip side, I was able to appreciate the area we live in. I felt a peace overcome me while I walked off my irritation. It's interesting how when we feel at peace we can fill our lungs so much more easily.

Anyway, at this juncture, I'm awaiting an answer on this particular episode of frustration.

0 comments: