CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 22, 2008

What no one ever told me about breastfeeding

As a woman who has breastfed five children (currently breastfeeding number 5) I wanted to share a few things no one ever told me about breastfeeding.



No one ever told me I would feel so in love, not only with my baby but with myself; I am at awe.

No one ever told me my milk could be used for healing cuts, scrapes, burns, and rashes, yet it works so quickly without any sting and I MADE it for free.

No one ever told me I would feel so sexy and confident.

No one ever told me it could be so fun; I can shoot my hubby from across the room.

No one ever told me I would feel so satisfied with who I am, with what I am, and with life because of my ability to nourish a human being from my body.

No one ever told me my husband would find it so attractive and desirable.

No one ever told me I would feel so connected to my mother or other women.

No one ever told me I would feel so much respect and reverence for motherhood and life.

No one ever told me I would feel so important, powerful, and fierce.

No one ever told me I would feel so incredibly grateful, honored, or at peace.

0 comments: