CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Crazy weeks

Well, let me just say that it's really true: When it rains, it pours! Thursday the 12th of this month I started the day feeling fine but by the afternoon I had a headache that would drop a horse, Friday my throat started to hurt along with my head, and by Saturday I was ready to bury myself forever in the back yard...Mark carried me to the car and took me to the Doctor to find out my dear old friend STREP had come for an uninvited visit...UGH! ICK!! While I was sick on Friday, Karlie started to feel bad, too, only her illness came with vomit and diarrhea...woo hoo...and, of course, I got to clean all of that up because it was also Drill weekend for Mark leaving me alone with ALL of our children while hosting my lovely little bacteria party. Then on Sunday, after Mark left for Drill and the older children got themselves and the younger ones ready for church, my mom came to check on me to and discovered that our basement had flooded resulting in the need to pull up ALL of the carpet...UGH and GROSS!!! Poor Mark had just too much to deal with than what would have been fair.

Mark came home; started moving furniture, cutting up and removing carpet, sucking up water in the shop-vac, ripping up the stripping, while herding the children all over the place and putting out the little "fires" here and there...I felt so bad that I couldn't help. He ended up having to take Monday off of work to finish everything...I was so sick, Karlie was very sick, and our house was in serious need of urgent attention or we were going to have mold and mildew all over to make everyone else sick. Because of the problems there we had to go without internet which also meant we didn't have phone service because we use Vonage. It was crazy.

The next weekend, Karlie was still kind of sick and then Mark got sick while we were in Wyoming. I drove most of the way home because he couldn't hole his stomach and his head hurt. It sucked!

Blessedly, we're all better now and the house smells much bettter than when we had that old carpet...I think the flooding was a hidden blessing.


1 comments:

Kris said...

That sounds fun, NOT!!! Glad everyone is feeling better.